All-Purpose Beef Dry Rub
An all-purpose beef dry rub is a blend of herbs and spices that can be used to season beef before cooking. It is typically made with a combination of pantry staples, such as salt, pepper, and paprika, as well as other herbs and spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder. Dry rubs are used to add flavor and texture to beef, and they can be applied to the surface of the meat before grilling, roasting, or smoking. The ingredients and proportions used in an all-purpose beef dry rub will vary depending on personal taste, but common additions might include cumin, coriander, and brown sugar. Dry rubs can be stored in an airtight container for later use, or they can be made fresh each time they are needed.
ALL-PURPOSE BEEF DRY RUB
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns — fresh-ground
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns — fresh-ground
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Incorporate all the spices together in a small bowl. Store in an air tight container. Shelf life 8 weeks.