Fruit Salad with Mixed Greens
Fruit salad with mixed greens is a delicious and refreshing dish that combines a variety of fresh fruit with mixed salad greens. The combination of sweet and juicy fruit with the crisp and slightly bitter greens creates a balance of flavors that is both satisfying and refreshing.
There are a few ways to make fruit salad with mixed greens a healthy choice:
- Choose a variety of fresh and in-season fruit, such as berries, melon, citrus, and stone fruit. These types of fruit are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Use a mix of different types of salad greens, such as spinach, arugula, and mixed baby greens. This will add a variety of nutrients and flavors to the salad.
- Use a light and healthy dressing, such as a vinaigrette made with olive oil, vinegar, and a touch of honey or maple syrup. Avoid using creamy dressings, which can add a lot of calories and fat to the salad.
- Add some crunch and protein to the salad by tossing in some nuts or seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, or sunflower seeds.
Overall, fruit salad with mixed greens is a delicious and healthy choice that can be a refreshing and satisfying addition to your diet.
FRUIT SALAD WITH MIXED GREENS
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup strawberry — halved
- 1 cup apple slices
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 can mandarin oranges — drained
- 16 ounces mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, orange juice concentrate, honey, and mix well. Meanwhile, combine fruit in large bowl. Prepare eight plates with salad greens. Portion fruit mixture and top with cream sauce.
You must be logged in to post a comment.