Key Lime Pie
Need a summer favorite? Key Lime Pie is a classic made with a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and egg yolks baked in a graham cracker crust. Cooled and topped with a heaping amount of sweetened whipped cream and freshly grated lime. Slice and enjoy!
KEY LIME PIE
- 2 cans condensed milk sweetened — 14 ounce
- 8 ounces lime juice — * see note
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 each egg yolks
- 1 each egg white
- 1 each graham cracker pie crust 9 inch
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 each lime — grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place condensed milk, lime juice, sugar, and egg-yolks in to a medium mixing bowl. Mix together well. With a pastry brush, lightly brush egg white all over the inside of the pie shell. Bake for 5 minutes. When the pie shell is baked. Place the ingredients into the pie shell. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the middle is solid and nothing sticks to a tooth pick. Let cool before serving. Meanwhile, place heavy whipping cream in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium high, adding the powder sugar. Mix until firm peaks form. Place evenly on the top of the pie. Grate the lime on top of the whip cream.