Prime Rib of Pork with Sausage and Pine Nut Stuffing
Prime rib of pork with sausage and pine nut stuffing is a dish made with a roast of pork that is stuffed with a mixture of sausage meat and pine nuts. The pork is typically seasoned with herbs and spices before cooking, and the sausage and pine nut stuffing adds additional flavor and texture to the dish. To prepare the dish, you can start by seasoning the pork roast with salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs and spices. Next, mix together the sausage meat and pine nuts in a bowl, and then stuff the mixture into the cavity of the pork roast. The roast can then be roasted in the oven or grilled over indirect heat until it is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 145-160°F (depending on your preference). The sausage and pine nut stuffing adds flavor and richness to the pork, making it a satisfying and flavorful meal.
PRIME RIB OF PORK WITH SAUSAGE AND PINE NUT STUFFING
- 8 pounds prime rib of pork
- ½ pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 ounce pine nuts — toasted
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes — dice 1/4-inch
- 2 ounces garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh black pepper
- For Stuffing:
- Cook sausage, drain oil and set aside to cool. Toast pine nuts in small sauté pan. In a medium size bowl combine pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh black pepper; mix thoroughly.
- For Pork:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place Prime Rib of Pork on a clean work surface. Trim off all but 1/4-inch layer of fat from roast. Turn roast over so that rib bones point up. Using a boning knife and starting where meat meets rib bones, gradually cut loin away from rack of bones, leaving 2-inches of meat attached to bones (do not cut meat off bones completely). Using a long slender knife, carve out ¾-inch-diameter horizontal tunnel through the center of the pork. Using a wooden spoon, firmly pack the sausage and pine nut stuffing into tunnel of roast. Tie meat back onto bones with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals. Place stuffed Prime Rib of Pork on rack in a large roasting pan; rub with 1 tablespoon Olive oil and generously cover with fresh cracked black pepper. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 140°F, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let roast rest for 30 minutes. Remove kitchen string, cut pork between ribs into chops and serve.