Sauté Carrots with Mint
Sautéed carrots with mint is a healthy and popular dish that is enjoyed by many people for a number of reasons. Here are some reasons why sautéed carrots with mint is healthy and popular:
- Nutritious ingredients: Carrots are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and they are low in calories and fat. Mint is also a nutritious herb that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Low in calories: Sautéed carrots with mint is a low-calorie dish that is a good choice for people who are trying to watch their calorie intake.
- Flavorful: Carrots have a sweet, crunchy flavor that pairs well with the refreshing, aromatic flavor of mint. The combination of these flavors creates a delicious and satisfying dish.
- Versatility: Sautéed carrots with mint can be served as a side dish or a topping for a variety of dishes, including sandwiches, salads, and main courses. This versatility makes it a popular choice for many people.
- Convenience: Sautéed carrots with mint is a relatively easy dish to prepare, and it can be made in a single pan or skillet. This makes it a convenient and popular choice for busy people who want to enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal.
Overall, sautéed carrots with mint is a healthy and popular dish that is enjoyed for its nutritious ingredients, low calorie content, flavorful combination of flavors, versatility, and convenience.
SAUTÉ CARROTS WITH MINT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger — minced
- 1 pound carrot — peeled and sliced on the bias
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mint — chopped
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Add ginger and carrots and sauté, stirring frequently. Add orange juice and continue cooking until carrots are tender, about 7 to 10 minutes. Lower heat and continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint and serve hot.