Turkey Pan Gravy
Turkey pan gravy is a savory and flavorful sauce that is made by using the drippings from a roasted turkey to create a rich and aromatic base. The drippings are combined with flour or cornstarch to create a roux, which is then cooked until it is thick and smooth. Stock or broth, and sometimes wine or other seasonings, is then added to the roux to create the final gravy.
Turkey pan gravy is a special and traditional accompaniment to roast turkey, and is often served alongside other Thanksgiving or Christmas dishes such as mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. It is also a popular choice for serving with roast chicken or other roasted meats.
Turkey pan gravy is a special and beloved part of many holiday dinners because it adds flavor and moisture to the meat, and also helps to create a sense of occasion and celebration. It is an integral part of many traditional holiday dinners and is enjoyed by people all over the world.
Turkey Pan Gravy Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups turkey stock
- ½ cup pan drippings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix well with a kitchen spoon. Let the mixture cook slowly for approximately 5 minutes, stirring continuously so it doesn’t burn.
- Gradually add turkey stock and pan drippings while stirring continuously. Keep stirring until the mixture is thickened and smooth in texture.
- Season the gravy with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm over roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, or any other side dish.