Chopped Egg and Scallions
Chopped egg and scallions is a dish made with finely chopped hard-boiled eggs, scallions, and celery that is typically seasoned with salt, pepper, mayonnaise, and a small amount of Dijon mustard. The dish is often used as a topping or garnish for sandwiches, salads, and other dishes.
The dish is simple and traditional recipe. The popularity may be due to the combination of the creamy mayonnaise and tangy Dijon mustard with the texture and taste of the eggs and scallions, as well as its versatility as an accompaniment to many different types of dishes. The ingredients are simple and easy to find. The dish has a long history and is popular in Europe and North America
Some variations of this dish include adding other ingredients such as pickles or capers to add flavor and texture. You can also use different types of mustard, or a different kind of mayonnaise for a different flavor.
CHOPPED EGG SALAD AND SCALLIONS
- 6 each eggs hard-boiled
- 1 bunch scallions — finely chopped
- 1 each celery rib — finely chopped
- salt and pepper — to taste
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard — to taste
- Prepare hard boil eggs. When cool, remove the shells from the egg, and discard. Dry eggs and chop coarsely. In a large bowl, place eggs, scallions, celery, and season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Add mayonnaise and mix to bind mixture together. Stir in mustard to taste. Serve cold.