Classic Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese, Pepperoni and Sausage
A Classic Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese, Pepperoni and Sausage is loved by all who eat pizza because of its delicious combination of flavors and simplicity. The combination of tangy tomato sauce, gooey melted cheese, spicy pepperoni and savory sausage on a crispy and thin crust is a perfect balance of flavors and textures.
One of the reasons why this type of pizza is so popular is its simplicity. It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or complex techniques, and it can be made with basic pantry staples. The toppings are classic, and the combination of cheese, pepperoni, and sausage is a tried and true favorite that never gets old.
Another reason why this pizza is loved is its versatility. It can be enjoyed in various settings, whether it’s a casual lunch, a romantic dinner, or a party with friends. It’s also easy to customize to individual preferences, whether it’s adding extra cheese, swapping out pepperoni for another meat, or even adding vegetables.
CLASSIC THIN CRUST PIZZA WITH CHEESE, PEPPERONI AND SAUSAGE
- ⅔ cup warm water — 110-115°F
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 6 ounces sausage meat
- Preparing the Crust
- Place water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir well and let rest 5 minutes. Add the flour and salt; mix with hand and knead for 10 minutes. Adding flour as necessary. After about 10 minutes, dough should feel elastic. Rest dough for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with a towel. Set aside in a warm place (75 to 80°F) for about two hours, or until the dough has doubled in volume. (When the dough is ready, touching it firmly will leave an indentation).
- Preparing the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425°F. When ready cut dough in half. Roll out the dough too about 12 inches. Using flour as necessary. Crust should be 1/4 inch thickness. Using a dinner plate, cut out a 10-inch circle. Place pizza dough on a sheet tray. Repeat step for additional pizza crusts.
- Next, place 4 ounces of the pizza sauce in the middle and spread to the edges, leaving 1/2 inch of crust exposed. Place evenly, 3 ounces each of the pepperoni and small pieces of the sausage on the pizza. Finally place 8 ounces of the cheese evenly on the pizza. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and crust is crisp.
Making this pizza at home is also easy and straightforward. You can make your own dough or use store-bought dough, and the toppings are simple, classic and easy to find. Once you have the dough and toppings ready, all you need to do is roll out the dough, add the toppings, and bake it in a preheated oven at high temperature, usually around 425-450 degrees Fahrenheit, for around 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
In conclusion, a Classic Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese, Pepperoni and Sausage is loved by all who eat pizza because of its delicious combination of flavors and simplicity. It’s easy to make at home, and its versatility and customization options make it a perfect option for families and home cooks.
- Master Cooking with Salt: A Guide to Types & Uses – Elevate Meals
- Unlock the Flavor: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Salts
- Nourish Your Body with Greek Spanakorizo
- Master the Art of French Beurre Blanc Sauce for Elegant Meals
- Guacamole: A Timeless Treasure of Flavor and Nutrition
- Hearty & Healthy: The Best Beef and Bean Chili Recipe