Making homemade pizza sauce is an easy and rewarding experience that can be done with just a few simple ingredients. The recipe for homemade pizza sauce can be made with 15 ounces of tomato sauce, 1 medium onion finely chopped, ½ teaspoon basil leaves, ½ teaspoon oregano, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
This recipe is easy to make and it can be adjusted to individual preferences by adjusting the amount of sugar and salt. Homemade pizza sauce is a delicious and healthy alternative to store-bought sauce, and it’s an easy way to control the ingredients and the amount of sodium and sugar. Moreover, it’s a perfect option for vegetarians, as the recipe does not include any meat.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion — finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper — fresh cracked
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Start by heating a pan over medium heat, add the finely chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the basil leaves, oregano, black pepper, garlic powder, sugar, and salt to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, or until it thickens and the flavors have melded together.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the sauce to a blender to puree the sauce until it's smooth.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Use the sauce immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
In conclusion, making homemade pizza sauce is an easy and rewarding experience that can be done with just a few simple ingredients you can make a delicious and healthy pizza sauce that can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.