Basic Pizza Dough
Making basic pizza dough by hand at home is an easy and rewarding experience, and adding 2 teaspoons of honey to the dough can give it a subtle sweetness and a golden color. Here’s a simple and straightforward recipe for making basic pizza dough by hand at home:
BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- cooking spray
- Dissolve the honey and yeast in ¾ cup warm water in a large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour and salt to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes); add enough of the remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hand (dough will feel slightly sticky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until double in size. Gently press two fingers into dough. If the indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and sprinkle a baking sheet with the yellow cornmeal.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness and shape. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and add your desired toppings.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
This recipe is a basic and simple way to make pizza dough, and by adding 2 teaspoons of honey, it gives it a subtle sweetness and a golden color. Making pizza dough by hand is not only easy but also a fun and rewarding experience that allows you to be creative with the toppings and ingredients.