Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup is a rich and creamy soup that is made by blending cooked mushrooms with broth, cream, and a variety of seasonings. It is a popular and versatile soup that is enjoyed all over the world.
The history of cream of mushroom soup is somewhat disputed, but it is generally thought to have originated in the United States in the mid-20th century. It was initially created as a convenience food, as it was quick and easy to prepare and could be served as a stand-alone soup or used as a base for other dishes.
There are many different types of mushrooms that can be used to make cream of mushroom soup, including white button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, and shiitake mushrooms. You can also use a mixture of different types of mushrooms to add depth and complexity to the flavor of the soup.
Cream of mushroom soup can be served as a stand-alone soup, or it can be used as a base for other dishes such as casseroles, sauces, and soups. It is often served with a variety of accompaniments, such as crusty bread, crackers, or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Overall, cream of mushroom soup is a rich and flavorful soup that is enjoyed all over the world and can be served with a variety of accompaniments.
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- 1 pound mushroom — sliced
- 1 medium onion — diced
- 3 stalks celery — diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic — finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons whole butter
- 4 tablespoons flour all-purpose
- 1 ½ teaspoons chicken bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ¼ quarts water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh thyme — finely chopped
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté garlic in butter.
- Add onions and celery, cook until soft. Add mushrooms, cook until soft. Add flour and mix well, cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add water and chicken bouillon and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add water and chicken bouillon and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Using a hand held mixer, blend until smooth. Bring back to the a simmer. Add heavy cream and white pepper to taste. Add fresh thyme and serve hot.
You must be logged in to post a comment.