Hummus with Red Pepper
Hummus with red pepper is a healthy and popular dish that is enjoyed by many people for its nutritious ingredients and satisfying taste. Here are some reasons why hummus with red pepper is healthy and popular:
- Nutritious ingredients: Hummus is made from chickpeas, which are a good source of protein, fiber, and other nutrients. Red peppers are also a nutritious food that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Low in calories: Hummus with red pepper is a low-calorie dish that is a good choice for people who are trying to watch their calorie intake.
- Flavorful: Hummus has a creamy, nutty flavor that pairs well with the sweet, aromatic flavor of red peppers. The combination of these flavors creates a delicious and satisfying dish.
- Versatility: Hummus with red pepper can be served as a dip or a spread for a variety of dishes, including sandwiches, wraps, and crackers. This versatility makes it a popular choice for many people.
- Convenience: Hummus with red pepper is a relatively easy dish to prepare, and it can be made in a single blender or food processor. This makes it a convenient and popular choice for busy people who want to enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal.
Overall, hummus with red pepper is a healthy and popular dish that is enjoyed for its nutritious ingredients, low calorie content, flavorful combination of flavors, versatility, and convenience.
HUMMUS WITH RED PEPPER
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans — canned
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley — minced
- Place all ingredients except parsley into a bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in parsley. Serve with pita chips.